The GGA 2 Day Short Game School is a school designed for the purpose of helping you score. Focused entirely on the short game, students are immersed in instruction around the scoring areas of the game; putting, chipping, pitching, and bunker.
First, you must be convinced that the short game is the most important part of scoring. Here are a couple facts about the short game.
The difference between a 30 handicap golfer and a scratch golfer (0 handicap) is associated with 7 to 10 shots in the long game (shots over 50 yards) and 20 to 23 shots in the short game (shots under 50 yards). Meaning, if you are a 30 handicap golfer and only work on your long game you will only improve 7 to 10 shots toward scratch golf.
The best you will ever reach is a 20 handicap. The difference between a 15 handicap golfer and scratch golfer is associated with 3 to 5 shots in the long game, and 10 to 12 shots in the short game.
In other words, if you are a 15 handicap golfer wanting to reach scratch, if you only work on the long game, you will basically never improve beyond a 10 handicap.
Overview of Instruction included in the 2 Day Short Game School
This School is unique in the fact that it will only cover Short Game.
The Goal of the Short Game School is to give the student a true – Tour level training session that includes:
- Short Game Statistics
- Short Game Scoring
- Practice A / Practice B Training
- Putting Fundamentals Instruction
- Advanced Putting Instruction
- Wedge Practice / Creating Spin
- Wedge Charting
- Chipping Fundamental Instruction
- Advanced Chipping Instruction
- Multiple Club Approach
- Unusual Chipping Situations / Importance of Angles
- Pitching Fundamental Instruction
- Advanced Pitching Instruction
- Putting Training Stations / Practice Games – Aim Point Training / Green Reading
- Unusual Pitching Situations / Flop Shots
- Bunker Fundamentals / Bunker Training – Using the new GGA “Bunker Board.” Conventional wedge and Sandy Andy Wedges
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
If you have questions about a Single Plane School, or you cannot find a school that fits your needs, complete and submit the form below and a member of the GGA staff will contact you.
You can also email our School Director at email@example.com
School Cancellation Policy in effect from date of registration